BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

RVT import ArchiCAD Solo

gullymoy
Participant

Is there any way to get Revit RVT files into ArchiCAD 27 Solo without external translation?

I am aware that I could:
Get the creator of the files (or anyone with Revit) to export as IFC
Use an online file converter (think they're all paid)
Get a full ArchiCAD licence and place as hotlink

But first, I thought I would confirm that it isn't possible natively in AC27 Solo or that there aren't any other easy routes. The information isn't that clear online - I have seen that the RFA / RVT geometry exchange is now integrated into AC since 25, but it doesn't specify that this doesn't work in Solo. Trying to use it however, it looks like this is only available via the insert hotlink option which is disabled in Solo. Is this the only way the geometry exchange works?

Then I wondered if it might work differently in earlier versions and maybe I could import via the geometry exchange add-on in an earlier version and then open in 27? Doubtful, but possible! Or any other good routes to get into these RVTs.

Cheers.

1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

This article talks about the differences between the Solo and Full versions of Archicad:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Getting-started/Archicad-Solo/ta-p/369114

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!