BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Resizing Object Bug?

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I am hoping someone out there has created an object that converts model dimensions to "paper" dimensions...

I have a REFERENCE BUBBLE that, instead of typing in 2', I type in 1/4" and it converts to the scale automatically... Did I explain that right?

Anyway... I place a bunch of these on my elevations for window reference at 1/4" (size of object)... I then decide that I want them all 3/16"... so select all, resize... Only when I do that, the last one selected changes correctly, but all the others do not show the scale conversion (so they show up real tiny)...

Can anyone verify? I just did a quick test on a TREE PLAN (no scale to paper conversion).. and changing seems to work properly.

I know this exact same object worked fine in AC12...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like a bug though I haven't tested it (I'll see if I can get a chance to look at it).

I have used and written lots of parts with paper scale adjusted parameters and I have had no problems. The only issue I have run into is when I wanted to make such parameters adjustable with hotspots I couldn't figure out any way to make it work (except on layouts of course).
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Thanks! Let me know what you come with..

Of course, what it means for me now is that I have to individually change each one... Although since I use the OBJECT ID for the reference number, I can INJECT them with the proper specs and all seems well...

This is also a TW2 file... Seems TW2 shows signs of other such anomolies... So if your PaperSpace objects work fine, I'll send you mine to test... In the meantime, I'll check them on a non-TW file...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I checked this with the North Symbol 14 object in the standard library and it works. I think this object is the best example of paper/model scale objects - you could check that out for ideas.

Or you could post a code snipplet from your object concerning the scale.

Regs,
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did a quick test (non-TW) and had no problems.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Duane:

There is a bug with older library parts used in AC 14 that will result in this behavior. Open the library part, go to the main window, click on the "Details..." button and see which of the two Object Instance Sizes is selected. If it is the first one then this may be the cause of the bug.

Zsolt:

Check bug # 109687.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Thanks, David!

This issue popped into my mind too but at first glance it appeared to be different. There is a chance that the object can be fixed following your advice!

Side note: bug 109687 is fixed and verified in v15.
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Thank you gentlemen! David.. you were right on... I have not "intentionally" selected that option for a long time... Just didn't think of it now...

So, while we're solving all my problems, I pose this query...

1. I am TW2ing and have set up my server and loaded my libraries...(several times to get it working, but that's another issue)..

2. I am continually creating, or in this case, fixing old parts and want to SAVE AS (cuz I still need old ones in previous plans)...

3. I am offered the option of EMBEDDED LIBRARY or BROWSE FOR A FOLDER, etc. etc.

4. What is the M.O. to allow this object to be
a. visible in my own Object Dialog box (right away)
b. available to the other TEAM members
c. available to my other NON teamwork projects
d. FINDABLE so I can create backups and share with the depository and all that good stuff...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Anonymous
Not applicable
vfrontiers wrote:
4. What is the M.O. to allow this object to be
a. visible in my own Object Dialog box (right away)
Save anywhere. The last saved part will automatically appear as default in the associated tool (chair, lamp, stair, etc.)
b. available to the other TEAM members
Save to the project library (assuming you have one). This will make it available to all solo or shared files with that library loaded. Embedded parts should be available to all team members within the same teamwork/shared project.
c. available to my other NON teamwork projects
Save to the office standard library (assuming you have one). If you save the project as an archive or create an LCF then those can be loaded by anyone as well but I wouldn't usually recommend this as standard practice.
d. FINDABLE so I can create backups and share with the depository and all that good stuff...
DO NOT embed or save to an LCF/archive. The only way (AFAIK) to make it findable outside of ArchiCAD is to save it as a separate file.

I haven't worked with BIM Server libraries so I'm not sure how they may change things (the old ways are still working fine for me, and I haven't had the time or need to check this out yet).
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
vfrontiers wrote:
2. I am continually creating, or in this case, fixing old parts and want to SAVE AS (cuz I still need old ones in previous plans)...

Duane:

For the bug I mentioned, you do not need to Save As, just change the option under Details and Save. Under the older (pre 6.5) behavior, changing the A or B parameter in the main window would change (proportionally) the sizes of placed objects. The newer option does not do this, so as long as you don't change the A or B parameter of the object before Saving, all is good. If you are trying to maintain compatibility with older ArchiCAD versions, then just open the object in the oldest version of ArchiCAD you are using and make the change and Save there.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!