BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

The libraries, again

cocoloco
Advocate

Hi!

I just migrated from MacBook Pro intel to MacBook Pro Silicon but same version of Archicad (27).

When I was excitingly opening my latest project testing archicad (after fighting reinstalling process), I could not believe what I just seen. Missing items, and missing items from ARCHICAD 27 library. How is this even possible? 

Honestly the libraries in archicad are mess and a work to manage if anything is duplicated... or missing.. or if working with different people and although I worked with different softwares libraries never been an issue. But archicad is SPECIAL and pretty backward in this! There should be easier way to do this. 

Please can someone help me? I tried to click on "migrating" libraries in library management, it didn't help (still missing). I also tried to upload migration library 26, didn't help. could not find migration library 27 from Intel (I mean obviously).. Honestly at this point for me it's just about the missing objects, the duplicates I am not even commenting on or trying to solve. (as it should solve on its own as well)

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.50.23 PM.png

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein

The Intel and Mac libraries are (supposed to be) identical.  Your error messages indicate that your project expected an AC 26 window in a 27 library... which suggests that you had modified the library on your previous system?  Vs putting the 26 window in the embedded or other library?

Are you sure that you installed the identical localization of AC 27 on your new Mac?  When you're on the download page, there are lots of controls that have to be set correctly... Intel, Mac Intel or Mac Silicon;   local version (INT, UK, USA, etc), if you want to see preview updates, etc etc

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!