BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

U STAIRS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, do you know how i can make an U staircase, so i can join 2 floors?
My library has L stairs, cuclic stairs, straight but not U.
Thanks in Advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks in Advance.
Eduardo Rolon
In the Stair Tool Options select the "Create Stair" button if you are in AC12. If NOT, since you are asking the question and there is no signature look for the black triangle and click on it to display the create stair option. Also you can create a U-Stair by using 2 straight elements and a slab.

PS.
Please do not double post.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Dwight
Newcomer
What ej means by "no signature" is that you have not specified your version of Archicad. For ANYONE posting a question on this form, the VERSION is vital to the answer since forum members work in Archicad versions with different capabilities.

The simplest way to do this is to add your operating machine and software in your forum signature, added to member profile information.

In Archicad 12, there is a U shape wooden stair but in Archicad 11, this is only in concrete - they are in different folders.
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
First:

Please create a signature stating your Archicad version, and the OS that you use. Normally I ignore the posts without that info. It is important, because there are different causes for the same problems in different versions on differents operating systems. For a basic example, see my signature.
dmanol wrote:
Thanks in Advance.
Create New Stair.

Pre Archicad 12, there is an arrow pointing to the right bz the current stair object name in the stair settings dialog box. Click on it.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!