BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Unable to edit door sizes in plan view - Ci tools

james1994
Participant

So, my problem seems to be unrelated to other solutions I've seen on this forum, but happy to be redirected as I'm hoping this is something simple. Essentially the issue I'm having is that the basic editing tools that allow you to drag the door to a custom within plan (using the purple editing point), makes no actual change to the door size.

I've gone through and ensured the door is set to custom sizing and tried to find any other related issues with the base setting, however, this currently just seems to be a glitch. I can only edit the door sizes currently via the egress size. attempting to change the overall width will simply see it revert back and ignore the change on clicking ok. 

james1994_0-1693524777233.png         james1994_1-1693524828017.png

In the second image above, I have tried adjusting via the options in the top ribbon which just instantly reverts back and dragging the purple editing point, with the correct settings. I've then gone into the regular settings and tried the overall width, which is ignored, and so can only change with egress width in the later editing panel options.

Is this a setting that I have wrong somewhere, or is there another way to bypass this? Incredibly frustrating to have to change everything based on manual measurements.

N.B. this is the only file I have this problem on.

4 REPLIES 4
mthd
Ace

You can file a support ticket on the CI tools website for help or reporting a problem.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
Lingwisyer
Guru

You can edit it's width by using the Egress input? Is this a toggle? Sounds like the door is not scripted to use the different inputs dynamically depending on which you have chosen to be fixed... I have done that a few times, where you change the order related parameters are calculated and forget to code for mid order user inputs or lock said inputs.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
james1994
Participant

@Lingwisyer It's not so much a toggle as an input, I've attached an image of it. It's entirely possible however, the door in question are presets used by the firm I work for. The bit that doesn't make sense is that it's only this file that's locking them. 

For the image, the input for leaf width was replaced by egress width in the file I was using, so perhaps you're right and someone's accidentally changed the coding.

Screenshot 2023-09-04 142008.jpg
Lingwisyer
Guru

So there is no settings page where you can set which dimension is the nominal?

Lingwisyer_0-1693795778203.png

Image is from the default AUS door, but the CI Essentials and I believe the 4D doors have a similar setting too. Changing which is set to Nominal changes how some of the dimension inputs works.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!