BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

WINDOW FILL ERRORS

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just finished modeling 3 houses in 12. When I push F3 for a 3d view, every window comes up with an error...fill missing on line 28 or 56 in the 2d or 3d settings. I do not want fills in my windows, either in 2 or 3D. I noticed with a sickening feeling that Archicad now has at least 4 places where I have to remove the fills in library parts. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!

Is there a way that I can, in 3d select all windows and remove ALL fills so that they NEVER RETURN. I have tried this a couple of times, but when I think I have accomplished it, the windows and roofs are the only thing remaining, walls and landscaping have disappeared.

Also, after carefully setting up the Elevation tool to show material colors, no story elevations etc, opened the elevation to only grey lines. It worked so well in 11.

have added attchments.
2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace
The real question is: why are the fills missing?

The answer: poor attribute management.

Try to export the attributes from the blank file, and compare to what you have in this file. Just add the missing fills and all will be well.

Hint: NEVER remove the default fill set, unless you are prepared to go through all the default library parts and check that the fills that you have removed are not used somewhere in any of them.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Archimamamia:

Also, see this thread:

Library Parts Not Working Properly

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!