BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Windows re Casing and Shutters

Anonymous
Not applicable
So many questions about the windows, and casings and shutters........

The window on the left is a W1 Casement 12 window from the library with shutters as selected in the parameters. The window on the right is the same window without shutters, and I've drawn shutters on the elevation with fills and lines.

1. Why, in a stud-wall-with-siding reveal situation (window setting), does the window casing overlap the sash and frame? Is there a dimensional parameter to fix it? The dimensions in the casing settings appear to not locate the casing in front of the window...?

2. Why are the shutters applied to the library window inappropriately located on the window casing? How do I manipulate the casing (or other) settings to show the shutters like I've drawn them on window #3? And, what's up with that sill/casing situation on the bottom?

3. This is apparently an extension of part two of question 2, ie, why does the casing descend below the sill? Is this fixable?

I feel like I've explored the window settings exhaustively attempting to fix these things..... Do I just need to get that additional window application? Would it fix everything I'm asking about? Is it worth it? I just feel like I'm not understanding something when I need to draw opaque boxes over things to "fix" them.

Thanks y'all...
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
And another window question...

In a different window I'd managed to find an option to make all panes the same height/size. This arched top window, tho, seems not to have such an option.

The stock library part is on the left (with many questions), and the window I'd like to see on the right.

Again, I've gone thru all the parameters I can imagine would fix these issues, and I can't find fixes other than incorrect windows in plan, and linework-on-fills to show correct windows in elevation (which I'm resolved to do for the casing anyway...).

Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having similar problems trying to get the settings for the usa library casement windows right. I am having to use trial and error to get casings, sills, stools, reveals all ok. I wish archicad would publish an article showing just what each setting in the window parameters and or the "usa settings" does.

In your case, it sounds like it would be a lot faster to simply model a custom window with the elements you need, that trim at the top of the window is a special feature. I am doing a renovation of an old church right now and had to a custom window to match the existing ones that had a pyramid head and odd colors of stained glass set in the mullions.

You can probably get the custom window set up to your liking in about 30 to 60 min. If you're like me you've probably wasted a lot more time than that trying to get the archicad casement window to do what you want.
Learn and get certified!