BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

basicStairTread_m.gsm error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone!
It's my first post here so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong sub.
I'm having a problem with a file that my 3D model and sections are very slow and I really need some help.
From my Report we have many problems with some stairs, that reads the following (in portuguese):
Arestas insuficientes na geratriz.
na linha 407 no 3D script do arquivo basicStairTread_m.gsm. (Piso Esc. - 322)
Valor Y negativo na polyline.
na linha 407 no 3D script do arquivo basicStairTread_m.gsm. (Piso Esc. - 322)
O item de biblioteca não foi convertido corretamente (Piso Esc. - 322)

"Translating" it says something like this:

Insufficient edges in the generatrix.
 on line 407 in the 3D script of the basicStairTread_m.gsm file. (Floor Stair. - 322)
Y negative value in polyline.
 on line 407 in the 3D script of the basicStairTread_m.gsm file. (Floor Stair. - 322)
The library item was not converted correctly (Floor Stair - 322)

And it goes on an on, probably repeating every single stair we have in the building that's in and out of modules.

I was wondering if anyone had the same problem and how you managed to fix it.
We found the GDL basicStairTread_m.gsm library, and the line 407 Y item has something to do with an ON/OFF action, or something that gives positive or negative value results. I'm sorry if I can't be more technical and specific about it but I'm not fluent in GDL

If needed I can provide screen shots.
Ps.: Archicad 22 file.

Thank you!!
11 REPLIES 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Are you using the Built-in Tread for any of your stairs? And your riser thickness, if turned on, is not zero? Looking at the script, line 407 has to do with cutting the trailing edge of a tread to match the slope of a sloping riser.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Lingwisyer. Thank you for your atention and sorry for the late reply. I didn't turn on my notifications and I thought I would receive e-mails when someone answered.

About the type of tread I'm using Tread 22 on all of my stairs, not Built-In Tread.

And about thickness, I'm not using Finish in most of my stair. Only 2 have Finish on the tread and riser, which is set like this:

I've changed both settings from 0,0001 to 0,02 and my Report keeps showing the same error.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Assuming that your working units are in meters, your sizes seem fine so that does not seem to be the problem here...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just an update... We can't figure out what the problem was. But turning on and off the layers we figured out that it's a problem when we have stairs and walls ON. Only the stairs, or stairs with floors or raillings, doesn't seem to be the problem.
Barry Kelly
Karina wrote:
Just an update... We can't figure out what the problem was. But turning on and off the layers we figured out that it's a problem when we have stairs and walls ON. Only the stairs, or stairs with floors or raillings, doesn't seem to be the problem.
That sound a bit weird.
Wall should not affect the stair.

I am thinking that you may have a stair in your wall layer that is the wrong size (invalid shape) that is causing the error message.
Do you get the same error with just the wall layer on (and the main stair layer off)?

Maybe you can't see the stair because of the invalid geometry.
Activate the stair tool and CTRL+A to select all stairs to see if anything unexpected selects.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Karina Kohutek,

I would be happy to take a look at it for you to sort this error out. Could you maybe send this project to me in PLA format in a Private Message? (I can give you an upload link if it is too big)

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much for your offer to help, Daniel.
But it's a clients project and we have a confidentiality agreement, so I can't share this material.

Well, it we figure out what the problem is I'll share the results.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Karina wrote:
But it's a clients project and we have a confidentiality agreement, so I can't share this material.

So if you copy the stair to a new file, the error goes away?

Isolate stair and wall layers in 3D. Select all. Group. 2D copy group. Paste into new file adding things to other stories.

Ling.

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Karina wrote:

Hello Again,

I see. If that could work for you, then you can just copy the problematic stair into an empty project (or delete everything else from this project and only keep this single stair), and send me this simplified version (that has nothing but a stair in it).

If confidentiality is important, you can always contact your local GRAPHISOFT support team about this, with a simplified file (they should handle all materials they receive as confidential).

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!