Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

rotate windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!
I don't know how to rotate my windows in Archicad 9. For example i want to rotate them 45 degrees in 3D view.
I want the window to become like the attached picture.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
This in not a standard function in ArchiCAD nor a typical feature in the window parts. You may be able to find one that will do it (but I wouldn't be too hopeful). It may be easier to make what you want with slabs and save as a custom window.

As I recall there is a decent tutorial on this in the GDL manual (look in your help menu or on the install disk for the PDF). For the diamond shaped hole you will need to use an extra slab to define the opening; just give it the ID of "WALLHOLE" (without the quotation marks of course).

If you decide to give this a try I'm sure you can get any questions answered over in the GDL forum. It's really pretty easy.
Anonymous
Not applicable
In AC 9 there is a .PDF in the documentation folder
called "Intro to Object Making.pdf".
It shows how to make windows from elements
created in the floor plan and saved as a window object.
This .PDF was not included in the AC 10 documentation.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
pjuh....

Didn't "WALLHOLE" at ID works anymore? Or what am I doing wrong?

I try too make a complex windowshape, create a slab that should be the wallhole, saved it as a window in 3d mode. But I only get a rectangular wallhole?
Before I think we also got a nice 2d standard model, but not anymore?

Or am I too tired to know what I do

[NEXT MORNING]
Today it works, I must have been really tired yesterday...
Srinivas
Booster
Did you check this Free Form window in the depository, I think this is the one you are after

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?browse=Depository/08%20Doors-Windows
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Srinivas wrote:
Did you check this Free Form window in the depository, I think this is the one you are after
Na, I had build a windows with slab tool and the export to "windowobject" doesn't work yesterday, but today it does.
But thanks for the link, interresting object I need to try...