BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Archicad does not "offer" to validate student license

LevNikitin
Participant

I had a trial version of archiCad that had expired and now I am trying to validate my student version. ArchiCad only connects to an expired license and does not offer to validate my student license.

I have uninstalled ArchiCad on MacOS, deleting all associated files and installing exactly according to Graphisoft guidelines. When I start ArchiCad, log in with my Graphisoft ID and try to create a new project, I get this window:

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 10.53.57.png

According to the guidelines, I should be presented with the window where I can select and confirm my student license, but somehow ArchiCad remembers my expired trial license (even though I am now logged in with my student account)
I've tried logging out and back in, but it seems that ArchiCad just won't look for the license in my student account.
I've tried running a demo version and setting up the license via the Archicad "Help" panel, but that doesn't work either.
I contacted support for educational licenses and they couldn't give me any more information I haven't tried  yet.
How can I get ArchiCad to forget about the expired commercial license and connect to the student license?

4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon

Trial versions cannot be "upgraded" to EDU licenses.

Anything done in a Trial version is only "recoverable" if you buy a commercial license provided you have not uninstalled the Trial version.

If you are not buying AC then whatever you did with the trial is lost and you will need to uninstall it and do a reinstall (you cannot do a repair). The screenshot shown is when AC cannot find a license not the one shown during installation which means that you have not done a "complete" uninstall.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

LevNikitin
Participant

I have uninstalled and tried several times. (Start the uninstall process from the Archicad uninstall folder and clear the cache from /Library/Caches). Is there anything specific I should delete to make Archicad forget the trial version once expired? It is a little suspicious during the installation process because it also installs the license manager tool from the beginning.

Eduardo Rolon

If you did those steps there shouldn't be an issue. Optionally you might want to trash the Graphisoft folder in Applications and do a restart.

Remember that when you re-install you need to choose "Have Serial Number" and copy/paste the one that is shown in your myarchicad.com account. If you finish a regular install there is no option to add the EDU serial number.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

LevNikitin
Participant

Problem solved. Everything worked out after erasing browser data. I don't know if it makes sense. Thank you very much for support!

Learn and get certified!