BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

2 color Gradient fills........

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to have two colors in the Gradient Fills? I have my settings so that my foreground color is blue, and the background color is orange. In doing so, it shows in the little icon that the fill is the 2 colors I want, a nice blend from blue to orange. However, when I place the fill on my drawing it comes out from blue to white. No matter what I set the background color to, it always comes out white.

Am I missing a setting?
7 REPLIES 7
andrewzarb
Booster
Go to: Document - Set Model View - Model View Options...
then: Fill Background
and set to: By Element Settings
Voila!
GrdientFills.jpg
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Turn on the fill handles. There are two circles try using the pet palette to put one inside the other and vice versa.

Viva Las Vegas!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
andrewzarb, perfect, thank you for the help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you see the handles in v12?
The settings seem to be diffferent.
Thanks
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
nikana wrote:
How do you see the handles in v12?
The settings seem to be diffferent.
Thanks
In AC12 it's View>On-Screen View Options> Fill Handles.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank Link,... I did see that setting from the 'help' file, but I still couldn't find the handle.

Turns out, that when working on a site model, the handle is so small, you don't see it unless you zoom in really close.

If I could make a suggestion to Graphisoft, I think by default the program should make the handle a percentage of the size of fill; as it appears it currently just has a default length regarless of the scale you're working at.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes, I believe the handles are always exactly 1 meter long.

At least now we can zoom to selection and AC will zoom to the extents of the selected fill ~and~ it's handle (provided they are enabled in On-Screen Options).

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!