Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC11 BUGS..

Anonymous
Not applicable
When opening objects, sometimes the preview window shows nothing. It happens to me daily and I need to restart AC everytime it happens..
Are there any suggestions or is it just a very annoying bug to add in the bug box?
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Its a known bug I'm afraid, although I thought the lastest update fixed it?

See http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=17070
also http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=17416

tbh, I'm not using AC11 much yet so I don't know if things have improved or not in that respect. I do know the 2d speed issue have been sorted now though!
Yes, this this incredibly annoying and the latest update has NOT fixed it. What's maddening is that the problem was identified in beta, and STILL has not been fixed. I have to restart every 30-60 min., or so. It's at the top of my list for urgent fixes.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all the continued, "beta" or Gamma Testing of AC11. I am on AC10 Still.

Will I be able to Upgrade to AC11 'Final' once AC12 comes out for It's Gamma Testing?
TomWaltz
Participant
Jay wrote:
Thanks for all the continued, "beta" or Gamma Testing of AC11. I am on AC10 Still.

Will I be able to Upgrade to AC11 'Final' once AC12 comes out for It's Gamma Testing?
Is Gamma Testing the testing that is done just before the user gets ticked off and turns into The Hulk?
Tom Waltz
rjwilden
Booster
YOU WILL ALSO NOTICE THAT THE PREVIEW WINDOW IN THE 3D CUTTING PLANE IS ALSO MISSING.REQUIRING A RESTART TO GET IT BACK .THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED NOW!!!!!.
AM I SHOUTING, YES I AM!!!
Richard Wilden Design. Ltd
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Imac 27" i9 3.6GHz; 32GB Ram Mac OS 11.3
Archicad V23:V24
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Richard wrote:
Yes, this this incredibly annoying and the latest update has NOT fixed it. What's maddening is that the problem was identified in beta, and STILL has not been fixed. I have to restart every 30-60 min., or so. It's at the top of my list for urgent fixes.
The problem with debugging this error is that it can not be repeated on-demand, and we could never repeat this in an ArchiCAD debugger environment, which is necessary for the developer to be able to fix it. Now a bunch of QC guys are assigned to finding the exact steps to reproduce this - but if any of you have the "recipe", please share. We can repeat it time to time, but we don't yet see the pattern. But let me assure you - this bug is high priority on our list.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry can't tell you how to re-create this but it happens to me too and it is very annoying!
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
We finally have some luck with repeating this error. A 100% sure way to repeat it is to edit an element's parameters (e.g. height of a column) when in 3D - you change the parameter in the element's setting dialog, then close the dialog with hitting ENTER (Not by hitting the OK button). After this, the object previews are gone. It seems that if you close the dialog with the OK button, then the problem won't happen. This seems to be the way to avoid the problem.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Dwight
Newcomer
gkmethy wrote:
We finally have some luck with repeating this error. A 100% sure way to repeat it is to edit an element's parameters (e.g. height of a column) when in 3D - you change the parameter in the element's setting dialog, then close the dialog with hitting ENTER (Not by hitting the OK button). After this, the object previews are gone. It seems that if you close the dialog with the OK button, then the problem won't happen. This seems to be the way to avoid the problem.
After reading this reply, I find myself in awe of the debugging process. While a bunch of users are having meltdowns over an infuriating and time-consuming application behavior, some guy in a basement in Hungary is doing a time and motion study on the result of different keystrokes.

Is this typical of the de-bugging experience?
Dwight Atkinson