Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Annoying open gl engine problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some time ago I made the mistake of copying something (some library part I believe) from an old job created in ac 5 or 6 and pasting it into ac 9.
Am pretty sure this is when this problem started
When going to the 3d window the view is initially all messed up i.e. the top half of the screen will be blank and only half of the view is there until I move the camera then every thing is okay.
Then when I would select elements I was not able to deselect them but have since learned that its not that they won’t deselect it’s the view hanging until I move the camera. So when I am clicking in the sky to deselect the dots are going away just not on screen until I go back out of the edit mode and move the view.
I have been suffering with this for well over a month now
Am afraid to uninstall ac and reinstall because I don’t want to set up everything again, keyboard shortcuts schemes, tool bars schemes, work environment schemes, user preferences schemes, palette schemes etc. etc.

Am hoping someone knows how to fix this or maybe can explane the proper procedure for doing a new install without loosing any of the settings
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did u find the 3d window problem.
I have it also
video card gt6800
2gig ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also have this problem. I am pretty certain it is not a object that is causing this bu a video card problem. A year back we upgraded our video cards and had to try about 5 before we got one working properly. We have just recently again upgraded our video cards and again the problem has occured with the same brand of video card but different model. We will be changing video cards to fix the problem.

Did you upgrade your video card, upgrade archicad? each version of archicad works differently with different card, maybe even change some settings in the video driver?

Its dissapointing archicad has so many problems with so many different video cards.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jonathan wrote:
.....Am afraid to uninstall ac and reinstall because I don’t want to set up everything again, keyboard shortcuts schemes, tool bars schemes, work environment schemes, user preferences schemes, palette schemes etc. etc.

Am hoping someone knows how to fix this or maybe can explane the proper procedure for doing a new install without loosing any of the settings
Use work environment to export your settings.

Go into work environment, Select your stored scheme, click on export button and save in a safe place. You can then import the settings once you re-install archiCAD using the import button from the same screen.