BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD Environment Error Messege

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recieved a saved draft file from a teamwork file in a seperate office and when I went to open it this is the messege I got and I am not sure what to do with it.

Problem: Add-Ons Folder is empty or missing.
To add functionality to ArchiCAD, put the Add-Ons folder either in the same folder as the ArchiCAD application or into the folder specified under the "Graphisoft Shared Folder" key in your Windows registry. You will find Graphisoft entires under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software section. Add-Ons include filters to save or load project in special file formats.

At the bottom it says:
Warning; Yous should not edit your registry unless it is absolutley necessary. If there is an error in your registry, your computer may become nonfunctional!
WHAT IS THAT ABOUT? WHAT IS A REGISTRY?

My add-ons folder is in the graphisoft folder hwere it allways is and it is ot empty as my lovely little error messege claims it to be.

My options are to Quit or Run Anyway.

What do you guys think I should do?
2 REPLIES 2
rocorona
Booster
My options are to Quit or Run Anyway.

What do you guys think I should do?
Quit is not an option... you should try to run it anyway.

Then, when ArchiCAD is running, check if the add-ons are there or not...

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
between my posting that and your response I chose quit, and tried again and it seems to be working as my computer also seems to be functioning, but Istill don't knwo what the messege was all about.
Learn and get certified!