BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Default Settings

Srinivas
Booster
Hai there,

Everytime I start AC with the default project settings, my wall height is 8'10" and the width is 7", i wanted to change it to 10' and 9", also i wanted to change the default textures to my custom values.How can this be possible? Please help me. I know that we can change these values in default settings and use the last project settings when we start AC. But i wanted these values as the default when ever my AC loads.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Srinivas.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hello again Srinivas.

This cannot be done in ArchiCAD as far as I know. This is one of the reasons why it is so important to use a CAD Template. All default settings like this (apart from GDL parameters) will be remembered in a Template, which you can use to start all projects with. Favorites can also be used to remember all settings, except for a few things like ID's, text wrapping, geometry, etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Link.
TomWaltz
Participant
Srinivas wrote:
Hai there,

Everytime I start AC with the default project settings, my wall height is 8'10" and the width is 7", i wanted to change it to 10' and 9", also i wanted to change the default textures to my custom values.How can this be possible? Please help me. I know that we can change these values in default settings and use the last project settings when we start AC. But i wanted these values as the default when ever my AC loads.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Srinivas.
As usual, Link is right. The best thing you can do is create your own office template, which has all the settings you want already in it.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a vague memory that you used to be able to change the template file that archicad used by default - it was called normal.tpl or default.tpl or something like that.

Not sure if you can still do this in V9, and it's probably not good practise to mess around with it any way - much better to set up your own templates and use these.
__archiben
Booster
Tom wrote:
Not sure if you can still do this in V9, and it's probably not good practise to mess around with it any way - much better to set up your own templates and use these.
it's probably not unless you're really in control of your CAD people - and using a template file is pretty easy because you can specify the default file path that the template is found at in your work environment preferences . . .

if you really must, the file can be found at:

./Applications/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 9/ArchiCAD Templates/AC 9 INT StartUp Defaults.tpl

or whichever is applicable to your platform and version . . . you could always make a backup?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Learn and get certified!