BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Details Unlinking Themselves (AC10)

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have had details and sections that have unlinked themselves over the last 2 months. The most recent example occurred on a sheet of wall types.

A month ago I made about 20 independent details -- one for each wall type, then I placed them on a layout. Today another user tried to right-click on one of them so he could pop it open and steal the geometry for another wall type, but "Open source View" didn't appear in the context menu -- even though we had done this several times before. He went to the Drawing Settings and relinked it (it already had the right view number), and ArchiCAD thought about relinking the drawing for well over 60 seconds. Then, of course, the context menu had the "Open source View" option.

My first questions is, why would this happen? Nobody on my crew unlinked anything. We've been losing links here and there for the last month for no apparent reason.

My second question is, why would it take over a minute to relink a drawing that seems to already know it should be linked to a specific view? We previously had to relink about ten views on a sheet of details so we could update them, and it took over 15 minutes. That's just ridiculous!
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
Venting here is of course great for the emotions, and it is good to share problems to warn other users...

But, did you immediately report this to tech support with a [stripped down] PLA of the problem file? That's the only way things like this can get resolved. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Rick Thompson
Expert
Karl... I like your new web site.. I just clicked "your web site link". I didn't know that was you at those debates, your AC photo looks a bit different. I support you all the way, you just have to get rid of that woman. Great work raising all that money
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Rakela Raul
Participant
Karl... I like your new web site.. I just clicked "your web site link". I didn't know that was you at those debates, your AC photo looks a bit different. I support you all the way, you just have to get rid of that woman. Great work raising all that money
good one Rick
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Karl Ottenstein
Rick wrote:
Karl... I like your new web site.. your AC photo looks a bit different.
My hat is holding my ears in. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay, did you ever find a way to repair the corruption? We are having problems with a model in the middle of Construction Documents losing track of it's section windows. After a couple of days of crashes from within Teamwork, we have found that section and elevation windows have changed themselves to "Independent" and their markers have disappeared from the plan views. It seems like this PLP file is degrading. Our reseller is trying to help us at this point.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had the same issues and have seen (and posted on) other threads dealing with the issue. As best as I could see, no one at graphisoft has chimed in on this. Definitely a bug that was supposed to be fixed in 1086. I guess at this point I'm gonna have to figure out how to track down someone at Graphisoft with a pulse on the issue?
Any help getting the right person would be welcome.

Tomas.
Learn and get certified!