Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

File Merge from AutoCad (.dwg) to ArchiCad 9.0

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help requested!!!

I am a new user of ArchiCad and working through my second project to Planning / CD's.

I received a CAD file with a .dwg base from a client that was originally produced in Vectorworks (version unknown). It was translated / saved to .dwg to be used by others. Here is the problem - when I merge the file into AC it comes in as an unexplodable block rather than individual items. I have tried in AutoCad (recovering user) to thin out the file so that all issues that I can think of are resolved prior to merging the information into my working AC file.

I created a translator for site plans that should work. The check box that allow it to be brought in as a block in not checked.

I have posed this question to my local ArchiCad technical support person and he doesn't understand why it is doing this.

Does anyone have any suggestions.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Chad
3 REPLIES 3
TomWaltz
Participant
Is it a block (LIbrary Object in Archicad)? Or are the elements just grouped? (indicated by yellow-ish hotspots)

If it's grouped, the commands to control grouping are under "Tools"
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom, thank sfor the information. I will try this if not I will look further into it. I was able to make it work a few weeks ago. Then it was linked to hatching in AutoCad. I removed all of the hathcing and it then worked. I had to make some adjustments to the site plan so i thought that it would be easier to just clear the drawing and re-merge the information. Then the problem showed up again.

I iwll try the grouping to see if that works.

Thank you,

Chad
Djordje
Ace
You are saving it as library part, if it looks like it can't be exploded - but, even then, it CAN be exploded?

So something else is probably at play ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen