Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

HELP, I can't Offset my Spline

Anonymous
Not applicable
I traced a GIF object and now I have a Grouped Spline. I need to Offset a portion or all of the edges of the Spline, but I can't. I've tried everything I can think of. I can make a Polyline and Offset the edges, so why can't I Offset the edges of my Spline?
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
Welcome to ac-talk: please use the Search link above (the text link in the white area - not the blue search button) to check to see if your question has been answered before posting.

Searching on "offset spline" brings up this thread:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=123362#123362

with your answer.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
I offset my spline in a car accident once.

(sorry, couldn't resist)
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's what I needed. Works great. Thanks Karl! Aaron, my Dad got rid of his spline after his motorcycle accident. 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Welcome to ac-talk: please use the Search link above (the text link in the white area - not the blue search button) to check to see if your question has been answered before posting.

Searching on "offset spline" brings up this thread:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=123362#123362

with your answer.

Cheers,
Karl

might be a dumb question but

Weston wrote:
the magic wand is the key to this operation...

step 1: what do you want to create with the offset? lines? - then pick the line (or pline) tool. A brick garden wall? - select the wall tool with appropriate settings.

step 2: hit the letter "o" to activate the offset button. you'll see it show up in the controls (?) pallette. It has the suspend groups switch on it, and the division settings... multiploe offset is right next to offset and it works the same way.

step 3: hold down spacebar to get the wand, move the cursor over the edge of the sidewalk until the polgon appears on the cursor (like the mercedes, or checkmark). Click the mouse to start the offset.

step 4: drag the offset to where you want it. for precision, enter a distance in the x,y, or radius/angle boxes.

HTH
Wes

when i push "o" nothing happenns for me?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Shortcut not assigned. Turn on your Windows> Palettes> Control Box palette and look for this puppy...
Offset.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
done and done
thanks