BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to do the split but limited?

Milan
Booster

Hi, maybe this is a fundamental question, or perhaps it is impossible to do this, but would like to know if it's possible to do the "split" of the slab without that infinite cutting. For example, I want this street to be split in this segment where I marked with a green line, but no where is marked with red. The split hatchet is cutting all in that direction. Basically, the hatchet is acting correctly, still would like to know if it's possible to do a custom separation,  without duplicating the slab, and editing both of them. The same could apply to fills...

Screenshot 2023-10-31 095243.png

4 REPLIES 4
Milan
Booster

I found that this is impossible to do. It is frustrating to see how Archicad changes version numbers, but some basic things we still don't have and old issues unsolved. Congrats!!!

Erwin Edel
Rockstar

My workaround in this scenario is to make a triangular hole with two points on the corners of the split and one somewhere in the middle of the slab.

I don't think you can cut it the way you want, since the slab would still be touching itself (unfortunate phrasing...), so it's back to my suggesting of making a hole.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Thanks for your reply. I know various ways to achieve the target, but not as fast and effective as I was looking for. 

Yes the split is an infinite line.

But you can re-add the area back in by using the pet palette option to add an area.

Just don't forget to delete the fill you add as it does not actually combine them - just adds extra area to one fill.

BarryKelly_0-1698745009049.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!