Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Isometric Axonometry Question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Want to create a true 30/60 isometric view for kitchen and bath details. I have no problem with the angles, what is not happening is when I save or print to scale, the output is not to scale.

So, what gives? And what are the proper settings for the "Projection Scale Value"? I have gotten the scaling pretty close, but still no cigar. I thought I read a post from Karl that 8.1 still hasn't gotten it right. Has anyone found a workaround?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
MPatrick wrote:
Want to create a true 30/60 isometric view for kitchen and bath details. I have no problem with the angles, what is not happening is when I save or print to scale, the output is not to scale.
What do you print and how?

If it is the OpenGL view, that is a bitmap, from ArchiCAD or PlotMaker, and it is hard to get it to scale. If you need it to scale, set the required scale in the main window, set the 3D to analytic internal engine (still slow ... I know!), save the view and pull it into PlotMaker.

Always allow for the inaccuracies in the hardware ...

Let us know what happened.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I figured out the OpenGL just a bitmap idea, so I did go to hidden wireframe using internal engine. I used a 6' Projection scale when my model was in 1/4" Scale. I then printed it from the 3D window and it scaled pretty close, was off by 6" or so. I also tried to save the 3D window as a pmk and bring it into Plotmaker, same there as well. So thats why I was wondering what the Projection scale does to the model.
Anonymous
Not applicable
MPatrick wrote:

So, what gives? And what are the proper settings for the "Projection Scale Value"? I have gotten the scaling pretty close, but still no cigar. I thought I read a post from Karl that 8.1 still hasn't gotten it right. Has anyone found a workaround?

Thanks!
Okay, quoting myself here.....this is what I came up with..... I had to change the projection scale to the inches equivalent of 1 meter, thus 39.37" I had 3'-4" being pretty dang close, then it hit me about Archicad being a European program, found how many inches were in a meter and bang, right on!

Now if only I can dimension in 3D detail or have dimension tools in Plotmaker... but I think that is already on the wishlist...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Copy isometrie from 3D window (no open GL), than
make one elevation window to put this isometrie into new elevation window.
From this elevation window you can control the size(bigger or smaller) of isometrie.
No problem with AC
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know this post is old....but I did find the solution... Since Archicad isn't based on the US system of measurement, I had to figure out how many feet are in a meter and use that for my x,y & z values. So using 3'-3 3/8" allowed my 3d to 2dl to be at perfect scale.