BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Label Text Background color/opacity not sticking

DennisG
Participant
Help.

I'm working on a floorplan which involves placing labes over fills. I select an opaque white background for the label, but it never sets.

This is happening with text as well.

Is there an obscure switch that needs to be toggled? Please advise.

Thanks,

Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ArchiCAD-64 23 3003 USA FULL
x64 Clone PC w/Intel(R) Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
In Document > Set Model View > Model View Options is a setting for fill backgrounds. This can be set to transparent in order to work on things that would otherwise be obscured. Perhaps you are switching views and that is resetting the transparency option.

It should not affect the layouts (unless you apply this Model View Option to your output views) only your working view. This assumes you are using standard text labels. Symbol labels may behave differently depending on their GDL scripts. Note also that if you set the label background pen to the window background color (pen #-1 at the end of the palette) it will remain opaque.
DennisG
Participant
Matthew wrote:
In Document > Set Model View > Model View Options is a setting for fill backgrounds. This can be set to transparent in order to work on things that would otherwise be obscured. Perhaps you are switching views and that is resetting the transparency option.

It should not affect the layouts (unless you apply this Model View Option to your output views) only your working view. This assumes you are using standard text labels. Symbol labels may behave differently depending on their GDL scripts. Note also that if you set the label background pen to the window background color (pen #-1 at the end of the palette) it will remain opaque.
Thanks for your reply, Matt.
I checked Model View Options, and all Options for Fills & Zones are set to "As In Settings". Fill Backgrounds is set to By Element Settings. I'm trying to set the Label background pen to 91. Once I leave the dialogue box, it always defaults back to pen -1.

Is there a way that I can change the background pen default to 91?

Much thanks,

Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
x64 Clone PC w/Intel(R) Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
DennisG
Participant
Forgot to tell you that I'm using Louver Identifier NCS 10.
Thanks,
Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you using the text label or a symbol label? I am seeing no such problem with the standard text label. If it is a symbol label then it is probably a problem in the scripting.
DennisG
Participant
Matthew wrote:
Are you using the text label or a symbol label? I am seeing no such problem with the standard text label. If it is a symbol label then it is probably a problem in the scripting.
I guess it's a symbol label (see other post). I haven't had this problem until recently.

Thanks,

Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
Anonymous
Not applicable
DennisG wrote:
Forgot to tell you that I'm using Louver Identifier NCS 10.
Thanks,
Dennis
That part seems to lack any fill in the script. Here is a fixed version. It assumes that you have a fill called "Empty Fill" in the project attributes (which you almost certainly do).
DennisG
Participant
Thanks much, Matt - I'll give this a try.
Where should I place this object? I failed to see similar gsm objects during a quick tour through the program directory.
Thanks again,
Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
Anonymous
Not applicable
You won't see it as separate file in your directory. It is either within the ArchiCAD 10 Library LCF (library container file) or loaded as a special internal part (I haven't checked which).

Just place the part in your company standards library (for all projects) or the project library - assuming that you have set up such libraries.* Both the old and the new will be listed in the label pop-up. That is why I added "rev" to the file name. Replacing the old one is tricky and probably not worth it unless you want to undertake a more extensive customization of the program.

*Most firms I know load three libraries:
1. ArchiCAD Standard + third parties; CADimage, SmartParts etc.
2. Company Standards; for all projects
3. Project Library; custom parts for the project
DennisG
Participant
Thanks for clearing that up, Matt!
I should be good to go - thanks again, very much.
Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
Learn and get certified!