BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mesh Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi people,

I am building two two-storey building (four colour boxes shown as image) on a slope mesh. The lower floors (yellow and white boxes) should be concealed under the mesh.

I've tried with the Mesh Point Height (z) tool to make the mesh height go down but still, it just looks funny. I know there's another good way to solve this problem. Please give me some advices and I will be very appreciate for that!

Thanks! : )
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your "slope mesh" does not appear to be sloped.
The mesh tool is designed to create a mass with
a sloped top surface that can be as complex as
you want. Study the manual and search on this
site with the keyword "mesh tool" to learn how
to use the mesh tool.
Peter Devlin
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Flat White:

You can use Solid Element Operations to subtract the building from the mesh. This is easier than trying to manipulate multiple mesh points, and will update automatically if the building is changed.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi David,

I was doing cut the hole and fill the bottom of the mesh. Hm, where can I find Solid Element Operations to subtract the building from the mesh.? Are you talking about "subtract from Polygon" from Mesh tool or the summary of Mesh Setting Dialog? Sorry, would you please tell me a little bit more? Thanks you for your time!

David wrote:
Flat White:

You can use Solid Element Operations to subtract the building from the mesh. This is easier than trying to manipulate multiple mesh points, and will update automatically if the building is changed.

HTH

David
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Flat White:

Solid Element Operations allow one 3D form to add or subtract from another 3D form, in the Standard Work Environment its palette can be accessed from the Design menu. You can read about its use in the Help files and by searching this forum. This assumes you are using ArchiCAD 10 or 11, if you are using an earlier version, then you will need to create and edit mesh points.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again, David! Alright, I am already studying the Help Online! 😛 Hm, I started using AC 11.
Learn and get certified!