BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Not ALL elements move when I use bold marquee

adrianasofiasm_
Booster

Hi!

I'm trying to move all elements in stories 3-7 to another location, so i'm using the bold marquee, starting from the third floor, and selecting all elements within the marquee (I did "select all" and also tried dragging the mouse to select everything), but when I move the elements to this other location, I can see in plan view that all elements moved, yet in 3d view, the some elements stay where they were, even after updating the 3d tab. Is there a step i'm missing or am I doing something wrong? (See pictures attached) 

Thanks!!

Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 11.44.18 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 11.44.37 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 11.44.24 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 11.44.28 PM.png

    

AC27 USA - MacBook Pro 14" - Apple M1 Pro - 16 GB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi! Thanks for your response. I was actually able to move the elements using the marquee. I surrounded the elements I wanted to move with the marquee, and simply clicked Command+Drag, *without selecting the elements inside the marquee* and everything moved correctly. I figure that what I was doing wrong was selecting the elements I wanted to move within the marquee. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @adrianasofiasm,

I can tell you the most precise way to achieve this which i use, sure sophisticated but effective.

Via F&S dialouge and Selections palette

I can check my model and select by elements or by story.

You can select all third floor columns then save them to selections as (3rd Col) or as you prefer, also all third floor beams and save to selections, repeat for slabs, stairs and objects then save them individually.

After saving all elements & objects related to the third floor you can activate all these selection sets and while keeping them saved individually you can merge them into one selection set named (3rd floor) or whatever.

After repeating this sequence for all floors till 7th one you can select as many stories' elements as you need.

Then via floor plan view or 3d view you can drag them to any new position without leaving any thing unselected.

And if you like to keep these selection sets updated you should add any new element to the appropriate set by recalling theselection criteria from F&S then select the selection set then presd redefine button or by using +/- buttons in the selections palette.

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/27/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC27_Help%2F030_Inter...

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Hi! i use a somewhat similar approach in this dreaded situations, but a true "3d Stretch" tool (for lack of a better word that encapsulates the concept), that could work either in 3d or plan would be great

Hi @jl_lt,

Sure 3D marquee tool can be the best choice for doing this process and i hope it'll be revamped as we can't get its real benefit until now.

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
Solution

Hi! Thanks for your response. I was actually able to move the elements using the marquee. I surrounded the elements I wanted to move with the marquee, and simply clicked Command+Drag, *without selecting the elements inside the marquee* and everything moved correctly. I figure that what I was doing wrong was selecting the elements I wanted to move within the marquee. 

Thanks!

Thanks to you @adrianasofiasm.

Happy to know you solved it, I hope you apply that sophisticated way it gives you more control and confidence without any surprises😉.

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11

When I have to move a model in modelspace, I always prefer to do so in 3D. Ctrl-A, and move to the new location. Nothing fancy. Just plain effeective!

Works like a charm everytime!

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27
Learn and get certified!