Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

PLN and PMK exchange betw. AC9 and AC10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have trouble generally with marker and title from AC9.

How can I import Titles from AC9 and how can I make my own titles for layouts with AC10?
37 REPLIES 37
Karl Ottenstein
Archi wrote:
How can I import Titles from AC9 and how can I make my own titles for layouts with AC10?
When you open a 9 LBK in 10, all title types are converted to GDL title objects automatically... you should be asked during the process to specify a folder into which to place the title objects (likely to be your project folder, but perhaps your company folder).

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl.

How can we make own titles?
Standardtitle of AC10 has many attributes.
How can we make such titles?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Archi wrote:
Standardtitle of AC10 has many attributes.
How can we make such titles?
Archi User:

The GDL that has been available in ArchiCAD is now usable for layouts, so you can use the 2D GDL commands for creating titles. There is a Subtype called Drawing Title for this, which also provides information about the drawing the title is attached to. You might want to start by looking at some of the titles that come with ArchiCAD (select a drawing that has a title, the go to File>GDL Objects>Open Object...). The titles created by ArchiCAD from your old layouts are relatively dumb, the new Drawing Titles can have the same intelligence as the GDL parts available in ArchiCAD.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello David

It is for me very hard work to programm GDL for title.
The standardtitle of AC10 is very nice.
But I want to have more titles than this (for example with circle something like some markers...)
I can make titles and save it as title, but it doesnt work like original standard title.
Anonymous
Not applicable
One way to make your titles is to do it in PlotMaker 9 and then import them into AC 10.

A second way is to configure the title the way you want it in AC 10 and then save the Drawing Settings as a favorite. Do the same for any other configurations you need.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can also make your titles in a similar fashion as you have done before by drawing the title with 2d tools and using the appropriate auto text. Select the title you have drawn and from the file menu chose libraries and objects / save as title type. This will not create any parameters for the title but will give you something similar to what you had in 9. I think someone else suggested making adjustments to the title that ships with 10 and saving a favorite. I have not played with this, but am concerned it will change everything in the drawing settings and not just the title.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The theme with titles shoulb be sold very soon to work with new environment in AC 10.
I am used to use very well with titles from PM9.
You can save it as GDL-Title. But the result is bad.

See the example from standard title in AC10. AC 10 must give many possibilities like markers.
Djordje
Ace
Archi wrote:
You will have to learn some GDL ...

If the 9 level of the titles suffices, then make them in 9, open in 10 - they will be automatically converted.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
kevin b
Contributor
But without knowing GDL you actually get less functionality than in 9. In 9 we made all our titles (some with squares some with circles, etc) to the left of the drawing with a line extending to the right. We made the line long enough to cover the full length across the bottom of our drawings but if the drawing was smaller say half a sheet, you could make the title "window" smaller so that the length of the title was the length of the drawing, similar to what the defualt title in 10 does but...
when I converted our 9 titles to 10 and they become objects, I can not stretch or do anything to them so they are essentially worthless as the stick out to far in most cases.
I've said it before and I'll say it again I shouldn't have to be a programmer to get this simple thing, especially since I had it and now they've taken it away.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram