Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Priority based connections

KeesW
Advocate
I attach a priority based connection in AC17. Priority numbers are shown. the wall with insulation is a composite construction. It is clear that there nearly nothing right with this drawing. Why? It is driving me mad and I am not able to complete this project with AC17.

My next version uses a legacy version of the same drawing and it is not much better.

Priorities based connections AC17.PNG
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
11 REPLIES 11
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hey guys,

Thanks for all of you on your input regarding this question.

It is indeed a question standing for a long time whether if there is a way which would suit equally fine every type of house modelling method. I am afraid there is no such 'one solution'.
As buildings we design differ from country to country by the used materials and solutions we will always have constructions that ArchiCAD can suit better than others.

In the past years we were thinking over what should we develop to give you an effective tool to create building junctions correctly, automatically and almost instantly.
That is why - as a first step - we have developed Building Materials and the Priority Based Connections.

We do understand that even though this gives a good solution in many cases it needs some fine tuning to give you opportunity to easily fix those tricky junctions that just doesn't want to clear up no matter how you tweak the settings in the BM dialog.

That is why we plan to complete the PBC project with additional options to be able to handle Building Materials more flexible especially in Complex profiles and Composite structures. Even though right now I can't tell you more about when and how we plan to implement this, I believe this is something thats worth waiting for.

Best regards,
Csaba
Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Glad you said it Csaba!

Cheers,
Link.