BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem: creationg stair

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
When i want to create the stair which designed by myself, this error occurre:

My ArchiCad file is also here
http://kavehmj.persiangig.com/M%20Home.pln
http://kavehmj.persiangig.com/M%20Home.bpn
How should i sole this problem? or what are my mistakes that the program is unable to create this one to a stair?
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Welcome to ac-talk. I just downloaded your file and will take a look...

But, it is important when you post that you post the version of AC that you are using (apparently 11 since that is the library you are using) and what platform - Windows or Mac, etc. This can be entered in the signature field of your 'profile' - as you see in most other people's posts. Click the word 'Profile' near the top right of this page to edit yours.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
The problem is that you selected more than just the fill and the travel line(s).

Your travel line is a single arc, so only 2 elements should be selected. If you followed the online help and selected by dragging, then you selected your drafting lines as well. See screenshot. The Info Box always reports the number of items selected. You'll see 6 in my screenshot, reflecting the other linework that you have present.

You can issue an 'Edit Selection Set' command (cmd-shift-T) to see what kinds of elements are selected as part of the total selection count.

Instead, select the fill, them cmd-click the arc to select it. Verify that only 2 items are selected, then go to Design > Create Stair Using Selection and it should be fine.

If you find you cannot customize the stair sufficiently for your needs, consider the Cigraph ArchiStair 2.0 add-on ($).

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Result, with default US library params, other than railing selection...
Djordje
Ace
That stair will need a landing, too, so split your travel line arc in the middle.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!