BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Removing Unwanted Morph Lines

Andy Melaragno
Enthusiast

I need to draw an entry arch and since it has a profile I am using the morph tool. I am able to creat the arch I am needing to draw but I now have a bunch of unwanted lines. Is there a better way to create this arch and is there a way to delete the unwanted segment lines but keep the edge lines of the arch? I know I can hide individual lines but that would take hours on this model. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Archicad Arch.jpg

Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 - 27 USA | Windows 11 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Your tags already have it listed: columns and beams. Make a complex profile and curve the beam used for the top.

ErwinEdel_0-1688568379272.png

ErwinEdel_1-1688568393507.png

The curve might not be as fluid as you would like (amount of segments), but I find they generally work well enough up to 1:50 scale and using a complex profile with column + beam is a lot easier to adjust than drafting a morph over and over.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Your tags already have it listed: columns and beams. Make a complex profile and curve the beam used for the top.

ErwinEdel_0-1688568379272.png

ErwinEdel_1-1688568393507.png

The curve might not be as fluid as you would like (amount of segments), but I find they generally work well enough up to 1:50 scale and using a complex profile with column + beam is a lot easier to adjust than drafting a morph over and over.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Thank you very much Erwin! I did not realize that the intersections of beams and columns would seamlessly join. That is a much better way of creating the arch!

Thanks again!

-Andy

Archicad Arch2.jpg

Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 - 27 USA | Windows 11 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz
Learn and get certified!