BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Shadow Error on the Elevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any reason why I've got a shadow error on my elevation??
you can see attached image to see what I mean, there's a colour difference on 1 plane of the roof, lower plane seems' darker then the upper plane of the roof!!

Star
AC11, Window xp
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Forgot to say that this situation happened when I turned on "sun and shadows" model display on in the Elevation slection setting.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is probably the 'Marked Distant Area' line. It denotes where the transition is between closeup bold lines and faded distant lines. On plan stretch the middle line further back, at least past the ridge. (Or turn off if not required!)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Peter,
thank you for your reply.
I've checked on my marked distance.
but that's not is, because, my elevation setting's in an infinte depth, which mean that would see everything. and I also checked on the "limited depth", it's all the way behind the building.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It can still be the marked distant area, which is different than the extents of the elevation. Try unchecking it (if it is actually checked) and look for a difference.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Link & Peter,
the problem has solved.
yeah, you were right, I've only checked with just one nodes for the extent of the elevation, where there's a second I've ommited.

thanks for your help~~^o^
Learn and get certified!