BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stair help

byMarkus
Contributor

Hey,

Would like some help in customizing stairs. (See picture attached)

So, when I put correct dimensions and elevation on my stairs, it makes a different type of stair structure that I have. It makes 2 platforms to the stair, when in reality there's only one. How do I remove the other platform, and how can I move the platform to where I want it to be?

#Markus

Operating system used: Windows

archicad stairs.PNG

6 REPLIES 6

Probably not the answer your looking for, but I think your better off modeling stairs with our the Stair Tool.   

Are you just after a reasonable graphic approximation for that stair, or are you going to need shop drawings for its construction ? 

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Hey Steve!

No shop drawings needed, just needing to recreate an existing stair from a pointcloud. Is this type of stair not possible with the Stair tool?

#Markus

Lingwisyer
Guru

Turn off the Automatic Landing Length rule. 

Lingwisyer_0-1710380356178.png

It will create a landing of the specified minimum length after every node you create, unless you define a segment as a landing.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out!

turned off automatic landing length, and now it's more like the type of stair I'm trying to create, with just a one landing. Now I'd like to AT LEAST move it to the correct position, and in best case make it a little bit bigger. Is that possible?

#Markus

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out!

turned off automatic landing length, and now it's more like the type of stair I'm trying to create, with just a one landing. Now I'd like to AT LEAST move the landing to the correct position, and in best case make it a little bit bigger. Is that possible? (See picture attached)

#Markus

(Accidentally replied to myself above)

Set a note node where you want the landing to start and where you want it to end, then click on the edge between these two points. The last option is Select Segement Type. In there you can set the segment as a Landing. In your image you will probably need to do it on either side of your arc node. Flight, landing, landing, winder, flight.

ps. Unless the setting is disabled anyone who replies to a thread will automatically be subscribed to it and will recieve receive notifications when a new reply is made.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!