BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Standing Seam as wall accessory like the Roof Surfacer

I wonder if anyone knows where I can find a Standing Seam object to be used as a wall accessory that allows me to set custom sheet cladding width and depth dimensions, similar to what we have for Roof accessories. I have found several objects on BIM Object, but they all have fixed dimensions.
I need this not only for several facade details but also for 3D visualisation purposes.

I already tried using the Cadimage covering tool object, but it did not work for me.

I would appreciate it a lot if anyone could enlighten me on how to do it or find a solution.

Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 16.14.38.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I have just checked with Heimo and he is happy for me to share his object in English.

I can't remember exactly what changes I made, I think I may have added a default corrugated surface and a few others (might be specific to Australia).

And it is probably set up to use my template attributes (fills, line types, materials, etc.

Object is attached here in a zip file.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

I’ve achieved that in the past by creating a ‘wall finishes’ or similar named layer and using the polygon wall tool option and manic want to trace the profile and apply the standing seam cladding panels as a finish for both 2D documentation and 3D visuals. It’s quite memory intensive so having it on a separate layers allows them to be turned off. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
DGSketcher
Legend

Using the Curtain Wall tool could be an option to create the zinc with an opening? The panels would form the sheet and the framing the seams. It should be possible to use in any flat location. I'm sure I read you can form a hole in the wall area, just can't find the help at the moment. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Barry Kelly

Maybe this can help?

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Libraries-objects/GDL-for-Wall-accessories-addon-using-profiles/...

It is an object that works with the wall accessories, made by @Hmooslechner (Heimo)

You can create any profile shape as far as I know.

Object download links are in the youtube video info.

The object itself is in the .BPN file (I am not sure why it is a .BPN file, but it works).

I am not sure if this is the latest version he made or not.

You may also find it is in German language.

I have actually been playing with it myself and have tweaked it a little and translated it into English for my own use.

I am not sure if I did all I was going to, but it appears to be working.

I have tagged Heimo into this conversation and if he gives his permission, I am happy to attach the object here.

BarryKelly_0-1701162667707.png

I don't think this is the one where you can draw the profile in the object itself - that may be another object Heimo made, or I may have turned that feature off.

But you can create your own profiles in the Profile Manager and use those.

The image above is actually the stair tread profile that comes with the default template.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
DGSketcher
Legend

This was created with the curtain wall tool with a solid panels and profiled mullions... The opening is unfortunately stuck as an SEO e.g. you can't create an opening in the panel directly, although you could split it in two and wrap it around the opening which may be better suited to 2D presentation.

DGSketcher_0-1701169278927.png

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Lingwisyer
Guru

I too have used Hiemo's object a few times. It works pretty well in most cases.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Solution

I have just checked with Heimo and he is happy for me to share his object in English.

I can't remember exactly what changes I made, I think I may have added a default corrugated surface and a few others (might be specific to Australia).

And it is probably set up to use my template attributes (fills, line types, materials, etc.

Object is attached here in a zip file.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Wow., this is amazing! The smart object works perfectly for AC25/AC26/and AC27.
I am pleased with your help and all the community support. You guys are incredible. I wish you all the best.

@Ian_Forbes_Architect wrote:

The smart object works perfectly for AC25/AC26/and AC27.

I forgot to say, it was scripted in version 22, so will work for all versions 22+.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

It is not for nothing that @Hmooslechner was inducted into the Archicad User Hall of Fame:

https://www.digital.skewed.com.au/about/archicad-hall-fame

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!