BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trouble with stairs and elevators -wont show on second floor

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have trouble with Archicad 12 Edu - the stairs I created don't show on second floor(just on the one they were put - story height is 500cm).
This is what I get:

after an hour trying to figure out why the stairs (height 500cm, all set) wont show on the second floor. I dont know what to do, in options I cheked all the necessary things - what should be visible in the above story, and it just wont show! Neither do the elevators(stories set to 2) and look how they behave in 3d - where does this incredible height come from?

I feel really confused, either Archicad 12 has some serious bugs or I just cant find the right option (can anyone with all these unnecessary changes they made in 11 and 12??)

please let me know, if I doing sth wrong here.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi,
first of all, sorry for my english, cause i'm french.
I've got the same problem than you,
the solution i found is to change in the options of all the objects, lines or other elements.
In "plan et coupe"(translate), you can change the 1st otpion which is : "show on steps" --> you turn it like you want.

But if you have a lot of things to change, it's very hard to change all the objects like this, so if anybody knows how to show all the objects in all the steps with AC 12, please help me/us.

Sorry for bad english,
R. Favre
Anonymous
Not applicable
i cant recreate your problem, so i think that u r not doing something right...

If u create stair on first floor and select option "SHOW ON" HOME & ONE STORY UP... u will have right 2d presetation when u go to second story (above first floor) but u will NOT have 3d object on second story. U have to put on every story STAIR and adjast how u want to see them on floor plan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Necko - thanks - problem solved. In earlier versions of ArchiCAD visibility on home and one-up-story was default, now you have to set it yourself(weird:(), so I totally forgot about it:((

Thanks again.
Learn and get certified!