BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Updating Zones, Will not Update if Placed 1st?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
When I place a Zone & following this action walls are Magic Wound around it; if the walls are moved, a followup Zone upDate does not work. Any reason why or work around?
Thanks,
Joseph
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the reference hotspot (the one near the zone label) inside the perimeter of the walls?...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
Is the reference hotspot (the one near the zone label) inside the perimeter of the walls?...
Yes it is.
Thanks,
Joseph
Barry Kelly
Joseph wrote:
Hi,
When I place a Zone & following this action walls are Magic Wound around it; if the walls are moved, a followup Zone upDate does not work. Any reason why or work around?
Thanks,
Joseph
If you are placing the zone first you must be drawing it with the manual placement method.
This will not update with the zone update dialogue.

You can select the zone and change it to an automatic zone either to the inside surface of the walls or to the reference lines of the walls.
This is done by changing the construction method in the info bar.
Now they will update.

Otherwise draw the walls first and then place the zones as automatically filling to the inside surface or the reference line.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
You can select the zone and change it to an automatic zone either to the inside surface of the walls or to the reference lines of the walls.
This is done by changing the construction method in the info bar.
Now they will update.
Barry.
Wow thats great, I will try that, I knew there must be a way. I use the Zones to create the spaces & massing of the buildings and then to place the walls quickly by Magic Wanding them.
Thanks,
Joseph
Learn and get certified!