Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

VMFusion or Parallels

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

I am seriously thinking on moving from pc to a mac. However, I'm using the Archicad version for Windows and have been going through the web looking for some "virtualization" software so that I can run it inside OSX. It seems to me that the 2 biggies are VMWare Fusion and Parallels.

I'd like to know, between the two, which is "stable"/reliable to work with Archicad?

I remembered looking at a comparison chart saying that Fusion did not have OpenGL capability. Is this critical for Archicad performance?

Many thanks for the feedback.
Joaquim
3 REPLIES 3
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
jagostinho wrote:
I am seriously thinking on moving from pc to a mac. However, I'm using the Archicad version for Windows and have been going through the web looking for some "virtualization" software so that I can run it inside OSX. It seems to me that the 2 biggies are VMWare Fusion and Parallels.
I'd like to know, between the two, which is "stable"/reliable to work with Archicad?
I remembered looking at a comparison chart saying that Fusion did not have OpenGL capability. Is this critical for Archicad performance?
You can simply switch to the mac version of ArchiCAD. Far simpler, you don't need any virtualization software, and it will run faster.
Otherwise, I have used ArchiCAD with Parallels and it runs without problems. I haven't used VMWare Fusion.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Eduardo Rolon
Your AC DVD includes the Mac OS version for free so there is no need for Parallels or Fusion. As to choosing between them, though I have both at this time I prefer Fusion.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Rakela Raul
Participant
I prefer Fusion.
cmon Eduardo !! you know the next question, dont u?
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16