BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Weird problem with Tool Shortcuts / AC 12 / OSX 10.6.4

rm
Advisor
I am building a new template file for use with AC 12 - I know I am 2 version back. So I was testing some of the standard AC short cuts. From the menu EDIT/MOVE/DRAG A COPY, when using this command from the pull down menu it works just fine. Select an object or wall, navigate the menu to the command, boom it drags a copy - as it should. The corresponding shortcut for dragging a copy is option+command+D as a GS default.

When I press the option+command key, before even having a chance to ad the "+D" I get the empty needle cursor when I am away from the object I wish to drag a copy of. Then if I move the needle to the object I wish to copy, the needle fills up.

It is if I am copying attributes and pasting them. It makes no sense, I am using the key stroke combination AC 12 shows in the menu, but the application does something completely different.

Then I notice the dock at the bottom of the screen hiding each time I apply the key stroke combination. So I went to the system preferences/keyboard/keyboard shortcuts and I unchecked "turn dock hiding on/off"

Now the keystroke worked again for drag a copy!

Come on GS, that is bush league assigning a keystroke that worked way back in OS9 but has never worked in OS X. How long has OS X been out now...8 years I believe.

Maybe they fixed this in AC 14!
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Option+Command+D is the Mac default for show / hide Dock. That is why I have reassigned CTRL+SHIFT+D as my Drag a Copy shortcut (was the same as windows shortcut in a previous life, so seemed like a good idea at the time)
Learn and get certified!