BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

What is the difference between these grouped columns - objects?

Sefa Yakut
Booster

Hello everyone,

What is the reason for the difference in the appearance of grouped columns in the same Archicad version, as I have marked in the 2 screenshots below?

One shows a rectangle to cover all the grouped columns and the other shows only the move preview of that column when I move one of the grouped columns.

When there was a rectangle to cover the grouped elements, we could notice it before accidentally deleting all the elements belonging to the group, but when this is not the case, we can delete all the grouped elements without noticing them.
  

Ekran Görüntüsü-2 (1).jpgEkran Görüntüsü-1 (1).jpg

Operating system used: Windows Build 5003

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Sefa Yakut
Booster

I found the reason!

When the number of grouped elements exceeds 10, the program places a big rectangle around the elements to optimize. When the number of elements is below 10, the big rectangle disappears.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

Is it because there a trace reference on in the background, so you can see where the columns were (until that reference gets updated)?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

No, I guess I didn't explain it right.

For example, the 2 screenshots I attached below are screenshots taken from Archicad 27 and from different files.

Both are grouped, but in one of them there is a big rectangle around the grouped columns, while in the other there is no big rectangle. What is the difference between them?

SefaYakut_0-1711624056016.pngSefaYakut_1-1711624145040.png

Solution
Sefa Yakut
Booster

I found the reason!

When the number of grouped elements exceeds 10, the program places a big rectangle around the elements to optimize. When the number of elements is below 10, the big rectangle disappears.

Yes, I tried it & worked well even if they’re not grouped only if they are more than 10 and worked also for other elements whatever walls or beams, but what is the logic behind the rectangle? At all great you discovered & thanks for sharing it.

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!