BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

align 3d texture Q

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings,
For a current project, I have what I think is a fairly simple concern. I have 2 stories, and 2 floor thicknesses; this results in 4 walls: upper wall, shtg/ siding skin over floor thickness, lower wall, and another shtg/ siding skin over the lower floor. They are patterned, and I of course want the patterns to align. I don't seem to be able to find a simple way to get this to occur: when I select all 4 walls in the 3D window, and click "align 3D texture", I don't get the mercedes-symbol, just the magnet tool, and I can't seem to select an origin to which to align all 4 walls simultaneously. Is there a better way?
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Stress Co_
Advisor
If your getting the "magnet tool" you must be over a surface.... if you get the mercedes symbol... your over an edge of your wall or slab.

You have to click over a node (point ?) on your slab or wall. The cursor will change to a arrow. Zoom out a little and see if that helps find the node.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Stress Co_
Advisor
...then again.... if your walls and slabs are selected...... aren't the nodes "highlighted"?
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
YES! It took some zooming and finessing, but as soon as I got the Mercedes symbol (a BOLD symbol), I clicked, and voila! Instant alignment of 4 stacked walls. Worked beautifully. I just wouldn't have known to keep trying, you know? So, thanks very much!
Learn and get certified!