Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

custom panel does not cut to shape scheme grid

mrboya
Participant

Helo,
So I made a custom panel and then saved it as a custom curtain wall panel. After playing with the curtain wall to make it look like I wanted, I cut it to a shape I wanted, a triangle let's say. The problem is that these custom shapes are not cut to the shape of the grid, scheme grid, or make them custom sized to fit in that grid.
From what I've seen there are people with the same problem and they got a response like this: " I don't think this is possible to do. You will need to create another custom curtain Wall that would fit properly in those situations. Or script one so you can set them parametrically." 
The question is if I can solve this more simply than a script as I don't know how to do something like that or if someone can help me to modify something in the object's script so that it can cut by shape. 

Screenshot 2024-04-18 232340.png

Operating system used: Windows edu

3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I would say that the custom Curtain Wall Panel does what it was scripted to do; it was not scripted to handle those boundary cut-off cases.

I am not very familiar with custom Curtain Wall Panels so I don't know if it would be possible to script it so that it handles those boundaries properly, maybe someone with more GDL knowledge in this area knows the answer.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
_JJ_
Contributor

you can use the "advanced" roof cutting tool under design > roof extras > crop to single-plane roof. all you do basically is make a roof thats slanted the way you want then mark the window and roof and then go in the setting i mentioned above. ive made some abstract art with that. i also keeps the barrier around 🙂

An array of each corner node is available for use in GDL. Not simple to implement though... Who ever decided that the edge panels should scale though obviously never tested it to see that the idea was completely useless. Scripting a cutting plane that encompases all panels would have been easier than calculating the relevant intersection points required to scale each panel corner to corner...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Setup info provided by author