BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

project library loads things twice...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a quick question to see if this is happening to other people or if it's just us...
We've got a project library for each project, which lives with the project file on the server. When we create project specific object (patches, stairs etc) they are saved in this project library folder. If at a later date we open the object and edit it, the next time the project is opened and AC loads its libraries, the custom made objects seem to be loaded twice: once with the folder project library and once again on their own...
This is not causing any problems as such but also it shouldn't be happening.
Any ideas what 's wrong?

(if i'm not being clear, let me know and i'll post some screen snaps of the loaded libraries and duplicated objects in the report thingy)

taa
24 REPLIES 24
Djordje
Ace
xristina wrote:
When we create project specific object (patches, stairs etc) they are saved in this project library folder. If at a later date we open the object and edit it, the next time the project is opened and AC loads its libraries, the custom made objects seem to be loaded twice:
Is your library folder loaded?

Do you save variations of the custom objects always in the SAME project library folder?

If you open, edit and re-save overwriting the previous object, this should not happen. If you save it at a different location, then it loads twice ... and duplicates should show.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
xristina wrote:
When we create project specific object (patches, stairs etc) they are saved in this project library folder. If at a later date we open the object and edit it, the next time the project is opened and AC loads its libraries, the custom made objects seem to be loaded twice:
Is your library folder loaded?

Do you save variations of the custom objects always in the SAME project library folder?

If you open, edit and re-save overwriting the previous object, this should not happen. If you save it at a different location, then it loads twice ... and duplicates should show.
yes the library folder is loaded

custom objects are project spesific (sp? sorry) and they are saved in with the project...

tell you what, i'll attach a screen grab in a minute.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hey djordje

a minute turned out to be the whole bloody day! hate it when work gets in the way!
So, pict 1 shows the loaded libraries: ac v11 normal library (lives on the local hard drive) and the project specific one (lives on the network server with the project)

cont...
Anonymous
Not applicable
pict 2 shows the loaded libraries after i 've edited the stair object which is saved in the specific project library, closed the file and opened it again (ie what i do every morning).

the stair is loaded once with the project lib folder and once again on its own.

this has been happening from previous versions... it's not v11 specific.

i hope this is clear...
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
In the Library Manager, click on the object under the 'Other Objects' folder and look what is says under the Path. That will help you figure out where you're going wrong.

As Djordje is alluding to, it looks like you may be saving it to the wrong place.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
nope... custom objects are saved in the project library. When they are edited they are still within the project library... changes are overritten...
the path points to the project specific library...
Anonymous
Not applicable
My 2 Cents:

I find that if @ sometime I loaded my project library fron the server using a path through My Network Places
But
Then another time I load my project library through lets say a shortcut to my server on my desktop

then Archi CAD gets confused and loads things twice.

To fix it - I just remove the library all together and load it again- but- make sure I dont re load it through the History option it gives you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, from the rreplies i take it that others don't seem to have the same issues.
the paths etc all point to the server for the project specific library and the object that is loaded separately after it's editted... i/we have double and triple checked. so i can only assume it's network related somehow or there is some funny bug that presents itself to us due to something to do with the network settings here.
Djordje
Ace
xristina wrote:
nope... custom objects are saved in the project library. When they are edited they are still within the project library... changes are overritten...
the path points to the project specific library...
Then you should not have Other objects at all.

See how do you load your libraries from the server?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!