BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

shaping morph element w/ SEO?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I'm doing an inclined barrel vault roof using the morph tool and then shaping the morph roof edges using SEO which seems to be working well until it comes to mirroring the roof about the chimney and shaping that roof things get a bit dicey with all these operator elements.
I usually hide the operators on a hidden layer, but am wondering if there isn't a better way to do this. Or, maybe there is a way to lock the changes
into the morph so that it doesn't require the operators any more?
See screen shot below. You can just see the operators 50 ft below.
Am experimenting with different cambered barrel vaults.

morph roof SEO 1.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is another screen shot below.
While this is working for design purposes am wondering about further refinement like getting an angle on the fascia like you can with slabs and walls? More solid element operations using battered walls? Ugh
morph roof SEO 2.jpg
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jonathan wrote:
I usually hide the operators on a hidden layer, but am wondering if there isn't a better way to do this. Or, maybe there is a way to lock the changes into the morph so that it doesn't require the operators any more?
You can save the Morph as an Object, which will burn in the SEO modifications, then place this Object and convert it to Morph to continue editing. Repeat as needed.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can make SEO permanent on a morph in de SEO pallette/dialog thingy.

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/videos/archicad/3d-modeling/morph/advanced-morph-modeling-technique...
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,

Let me see if I have this... Umm, wash, rinse, repeat. Very good,
I'm going to have a great day now... Thank you, thank you!

David wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
I usually hide the operators on a hidden layer, but am wondering if there isn't a better way to do this. Or, maybe there is a way to lock the changes into the morph so that it doesn't require the operators any more?
You can save the Morph as an Object, which will burn in the SEO modifications, then place this Object and convert it to Morph to continue editing. Repeat as needed.

David
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin,

Will look for that in the SEO thingy as suggested. Very much, Thank you.
Erwin wrote:
You can make SEO permanent on a morph in de SEO pallette/dialog thingy.

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/videos/archicad/3d-modeling/morph/advanced-morph-modeling-technique...
Learn and get certified!