BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

walls not pasted on the story I want them to

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

I'm using AC11 and this did not happen on AC10.

Does anyone know why sometimes walls seem to "jump" to another floor? It happens sometimes when I try to cut/paste between floors or when I try to stretch a part of the model using the marquee.

I manage to work around such nuissance by changing the wall parameters. I override the "automatic" placement of the wall, specifically picking the story I want; and I change the "show on relevant stories" to "show on home story".
But I'd really like to know why this is happening. Maybe it alerts me into other features that I'm not using that could make my work more efficient.

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Erika Epstein
Booster
The pasted walls have the various display definitions that you set for the original wall so they won't show if on the story you paste them to they aren't set to show.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or a feature.

I've often wished the pasted elements would automatically change their homestory and other display settings relative to the story it is being pasted to or better still have the option to make that choice.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The elevation of your walls with respect to the story is also critical. Combined with their floor plan display settings.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!