BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Archiving in AC10 problematic

Anonymous
Not applicable
We archive our files every now and then. We make pla file and erase the pln files and move the files. I always check the pla file by opening it and I read the elements directly from the archive and I get hotspots with missing objects. Why oh why would they be missing in the archive but not in the regular pln file?
When I save the pln file as a pla file , in the options I choose all the boxes except the 2nd one (I don't want the hundreds and hundreds of objects just the ones I used in the file). A lot of our projects start out in one version and then within 5-7 years they do remodeling and we end up using the earlier version again in the newer version. We load the libraries needed and usually can find a way to show everything correctly. Why does this happen when we archive? It is very frustrating when something does not work like you think it should. DOes anyone one have any ideas why the archive would not be showing me everything I saw in the pln file???

Thanks,
Michele
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
Sounds like you are missing some macros. Copy the folders that have the macros for each library and include them in the folder you keep the archives in.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Erika wrote:
Sounds like you are missing some macros. Copy the folders that have the macros for each library and include them in the folder you keep the archives in.
I agree.

I wish GS would just include all macros when archiving. How big can they all be? Surely not so big to outweigh the benefits of having all our parts working properly. I wonder if this is fixed in AC12 - doubt it.

Cheers,
Link.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
I archive all my projects when finished and do not have this problem, including the macros. The dots should indicate missing library parts, not missing macros. The missing parts should be listed in the Library Loading Report window and/or the dot can be selected to see the name of the missing part. I would look at which parts are missing and whether there could have been duplicate parts in the libraries when archiving.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Erika Epstein
Booster
Some 3rd party libraries don't work that way. You have to have the library or add-on loaded. That is how they protect their work.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!