Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

BOQ’s how do you organize them with AC to send them to XL ?

mthd
Ace

Hi, I wanted to how others are organizing bills of quantities in AC to export to a spread sheet like XL ? I would like to know how this is done without GDL scripting. It seems like the scaffolding is in place with the interactive schedules. All we need is a full schedule with all the items needed to complete a project. To be able to add prices formulas and wastage factors etc right inside AC without exporting to a spread sheet or into another application. In the project browser we could have a separate BOQ’s generating while we build the 3D model and add detailed components to it. Just curious to know what others are doing with AC.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
14 REPLIES 14
bouhmidage
Advisor

It says video is private 

Update : it works now

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
Josh Verran
Expert

Try a refresh, it should show now.

image.png

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER | LinkedIn | My Top Wishes

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

Perth, Australia and Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
Solution

I publish one massive schedule with everything.

Then my excel master file reads the data into the relevant locations for my full quantity list that's organized for printing or showing changes in potential cost.

Hi @SenecaDesignLLC, I think that would be the preferred method to establish right inside AC. To create a BOQ template like yours would take quite some doing. It is metric in my region and there are different methods of measurements around the globe too. GS could learn much by interviewing you about BOQ’s for the US and those that use imperial measurements.

mthd
Ace

Hi, I am waiting for a replay of the BOQ GS webinar from Hong Kong Asia to be posted. I am happy to export my AC project as a DWG file to import into CA and then model the project for take off framing etc and estimating.

My workflow is different to most but it suits the CAD tools that I already own so I like to use them for now. CA doesn’t export or import 3D IFC but it certainly would be great if it did.