BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Ceiling Tool - Scheduling

LFBIMMAN
Booster

Hi All, 

I am trying to improve my companies process for modelling ceilings in Archicad. I have come across the "Ceiling Editor Tool" which seems to fit my demands..... However I am having trouble putting a schedule together to show type of ceiling type, location etc & other properties..... in fact I am having trouble finding it to reference in the schedule all together.  

I have tried searching for it as an object but cant seem to find it..... can anyone help please!? 

I have attached the tool to my post 🙂 

https://bimcomponents.com/LCF/Details/2057

Operating system used: Windows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bouhmidage
Advisor

To find all parameters of your ceilong object, you have to click on this option in the interactive schedule

Screenshot_20240312_071532_Edge.jpg

Browse for your object, and search for parameters,

Or, as Steve said, model il by hand, i use curtain wall tool, to get quicker results, frames act like a ceiling structure, curtain wall panels are the ceiling panels 

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You may want to just skip the Tool and model it with a pre-modeled assembly of elements that are easy to tweak for new conditions/rooms.  

I model Ceiling Tile and Grid/Bar as Beams.  You can assign what ever data you want to them for use with Interactive Schedules. 

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Solution
bouhmidage
Advisor

To find all parameters of your ceilong object, you have to click on this option in the interactive schedule

Screenshot_20240312_071532_Edge.jpg

Browse for your object, and search for parameters,

Or, as Steve said, model il by hand, i use curtain wall tool, to get quicker results, frames act like a ceiling structure, curtain wall panels are the ceiling panels 

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects

Thanks, I managed to get this to work in the end through classifications instead of picking the object name (Which I couldn't find in the list).

I have seen other people prefer the curtain wall tool, think I need to brush up on my Architectural knowledge as I have always been M&E biased when modelling in ArchiCAD, the curtain wall tool makes my head hurt 😂.

Could you recommend a video or anything that could help with setting up ceiling grids with the curtain wall tool? 

Thanks

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!