BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Complex Profile element duplicates - BUG?

__archiben
Booster

Hi all,

I wanted to bump this topic: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-data-BIM/Multiple-entries-for-the-same-beam-profile/td-p... but it appears locked so I can't reply over there.

I am having the exact same issue, (AC27 4030): essentially all of my Complex Profile elements are being scheduled twice. I am trying to create an A1-A3 carbon emissions schedule so cannot have the scheduler double-counting elements - it inflates my carbon footprint! 'Merge Items' does not work: it hides the duplicates but still schedules twice the amount that I have in reality.

Before you ask: I have double checked, triple checked and more: I absolutely do not have duplicate elements in the model. Interestingly, if I assign a unique ID to each element, this ID is NOT assigned to the ghost duplicate (see attached screenshot). If I use the scheduler's selection tool to select in 3D and delete ONE of the ghost elements it deletes both entries...

Clearly quite a critical bug and I am surprised this is still hanging around from the original post back in 2021. Any advice or input from others experiencing similar?

~/BF

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 14.05.18.png

b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Can you show your schedule criteria?

I am wondering if it has something to do with the beam / beam segment both being scheduled.

You really only want one or the other.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Barry Kelly

Can you show your schedule criteria?

I am wondering if it has something to do with the beam / beam segment both being scheduled.

You really only want one or the other.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks - that was exactly it. I heard back from GS overnight with the same. Quick question - before I dive in to investigating myself - would this be the same for all assembly-type elements that have their own sub-elements, i.e. Stairs, Railings and Curtain Walls?

I don't actually understand the logic of this. I get why being able to schedule sub-elements could be important, but surely scheduling the parent element should automatically exclude its own sub-elements so as not to double count by accident? Hungarian logic?

Thanks again,

~/BF

b e n f r o s t

Despite it's another question which should be in different post but here is the answer for it.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insights/Tip-of-the-Month-November-2023-Exclude-sub-e...

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
stefan
Expert

That tip has quite a cumbersome workaround. You can simply filter out the "Beam Segment" and "Column Segment" and similar using the Element Type as a filter in your schedule criteria.

--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book

That is exactly what I ended up doing Stefan. I still have the 'how-can-this-possibly-be-what-I-want' reaction. It should never double count by default, only if it's told to...

~/BF

b e n f r o s t
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!