BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Connected attribute manager in different files

ananas
Advocate

Hi, hi

How do you guys manage attribute manager efficiently between master file and all the hotlinks?
We find it quite challenging to keep attributes same in master file and all hotlinks, especially because multiple people work on multiple hotlinks in teamwork.

It would be great if there would be only one attributes for all files, somehow connected,  so that when we change some material in that file, it changes in all the others as well.
What are your thoughts on that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Yes it is on the roadmap for a future version - central attributes.

If others must create new attributes, then they must inform the rest of the team to update all associated files.

There is no easy way at present, but it all comes down to communication.

You may even want to assign just one or two people to be responsible for new attributes.

Don't let just anyone create them willy nilly.

If they do they must let everyone know.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Barry Kelly

Yes it is on the roadmap for a future version - central attributes.

If others must create new attributes, then they must inform the rest of the team to update all associated files.

There is no easy way at present, but it all comes down to communication.

You may even want to assign just one or two people to be responsible for new attributes.

Don't let just anyone create them willy nilly.

If they do they must let everyone know.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi, oh yes central attributes would be great, I am looking forward to.

I also just read this article: Attribute Management of Hotlinks - Graphisoft Community - having a separate attribute.pln would also make sense.

Thank you!

Geoff Briggs
Mentor

Benddek Gászpor gave a demonstration of the Attribute PLN method during the first day of the Building Together Learn event last week. The session is titled "Central Attribute Management in Archicad 27". I'm not sure if this link will work, if not you can probably search for it.

https://events.graphisoft.com/event/building-together-or-learn/planning/UGxhbm5pbmdfMTYwODk0NA==

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x

Thank you!

Actually the link dioesn´t work, maybe the session is private?, because I don´t find anything under "Central Attribute Management in Archicad 27"

I signed up for the event, and received a link to the recordings afterward. I'm not sure if Graphisoft will be posting those for everyone or not but I'd guess they will. 

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x

Oh, I see. well is not available now, so I ll just wait that somethings comes on youtube 🙂

I received an email today advertising the event recordings which appears to be targeted to all Archicad users. Give it a try:

MDc1LVhNTS0xODkAAAGPkBWfqhrFI6iLfXzGvMrZyGNMmKTavxlqkb3NFv_dPQXkfQQkmSvMAhk9muKcXHxnUFN_xvg=

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Learn and get certified!