BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Published MOD files contain incorrect layer set!

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
This is a new one, so maybe it has to do with the last build (AC11: 1259 USA) -- we have a View Set for exporting to MOD files; these Views have a saved Layer Combination. The View Set is cloned in Publisher to save All Stories as a MOD.

The resulting MOD contains elements on layers that are Off in the source View.

The source file is a PLA -- I figure this has to do with Teamwork or possibly publishing a multi-story MOD, but so far my tests are inconclusive -- anyone else encountered this?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
1 REPLY 1
owen
Newcomer
I had the same problem you describe working on an AC 11 Teamwork file ... unfortunately i never got to the bottom of it (moved onto another project and AC12). This was a while back - can't tell you the build but i don't think it was the latest.

I just created a new file from the default AC 11 template, created 2 slabs (one on a hidden layer) and published as a Multistorey MOD. Opened the module and the slab on the hidden layer was there. Did the same in AC 12, same result.

However the above works if i save the MOD as Current Storey, rather than Multistorey. Didn't try publishing a storey range but i imagine it would have the same problem.

So something is broken.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Learn and get certified!