BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Rebuilding Sections and elevations

Karl Barker
Participant
Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!javascript:emoticon(':evil:')
In previous incarnations of ArchiCAD, there was a command that I used on a daily basis as a minimum.
"Rebuild selected sections and elevations"
It appears that this filtered command has gone.

Why?

How then can I rebuild the four main sections from my drawing (all live) but not the detailed section (still live) that ahd fils and other things on them with different layer combinations?

It used to be that i would set on th eplan the layercomination of the elevations/sections that I wanted to rebuild, select thos particular section/elevation lines and rebuild only those ones.

I caannot see in the work environment when viewing all commands in the toolbar alphabetically where that command has gone.
I am stcuk with rebuilding all modle sections, all drawingh sections etc.
Well ALL of my sections are modle sections.

Any clues?

Cheers,
Karl.
Cheers,
Karl Barker.

27" iMac 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i9
32 Gig Ram
Mac OSX 10.14.6
AC 5.5 - AC22 (NZE)
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
It's still there, just not in your Work space apparently. You should be able to get it through the Work Environment editor.
Tom Waltz
__archiben
Booster
TomWaltz wrote:
It's still there, just not in your Work space apparently. You should be able to get it through the Work Environment editor.
it's not! that's exactly what i thought and had even drafted a post similar to yours . . . except when i went looking for it for the screenshot i couldn't find it anywhere.

all of the rebuild commands are there except for the 'rebuild SELECTED...' commands.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
TomWaltz
Participant
~/archiben wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:
it's not! that's exactly what i thought and had even drafted a post similar to yours . . . except when i went looking for it for the screenshot i couldn't find it anywhere.

all of the rebuild commands are there except for the 'rebuild SELECTED...' commands.
I'm not at my office now so I can't screenshot it, but I added it to our standard workspace. I know it's there! (unless I totally messed up and put in something else)
Tom Waltz
__archiben
Booster
TomWaltz wrote:
I'm not at my office now so I can't screenshot it, but I added it to our standard workspace. I know it's there! (unless I totally messed up and put in something else)
right you are! let me know where to find it . . . here it is in AC10 -->
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Karl Barker
Participant
I have even tried importing my custom profile from AC10 into AC11.
The command in question was removed in the translation.
Cheers,
Karl Barker.

27" iMac 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i9
32 Gig Ram
Mac OSX 10.14.6
AC 5.5 - AC22 (NZE)
Bruce
Expert
Karl wrote:
I have even tried importing my custom profile from AC10 into AC11.
The command in question was removed in the translation.
Yes - frustrating that...

It seems Graphisoft has shuffled around the commands from AC10 to AC11 - I had to rebuild my workspace to get my favourites back.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Learn and get certified!