BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

!Restored: Probelms with the Grid Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a heads up to everyone. So far I know of two rather big problems with the grid tool in AC11 that will cause the program to crash in a section and elevation window.
1. If the grid elements are locked or are on a locked layer when opening a section or elevation Archicad will crash
2. If you place a section marker in an elevation or section window then attempt to modify it, archicad will crash.
From what I understand Graphisoft is aware of these issues and they are working on it, but for now the only solution is to remove the grid tool from your project.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using the grid addon for some time with the same results when I locked the layers -- so in order to gain the benefits I just don't lock the grids - sucks but until it is fixed it is better than not having them. It would be really good if the grids and the stairs could be fixed - let's see only been complaining about them for how many years - along with everyone else.

Lew Bishop
Jon Worden Architects
G5 dual 2.7 with lots of mem
17" MBP i.5GB and a lot of heat
OS X latest, AC 11 latest
Anonymous
Not applicable
After using the grid tool for over a at least a year (maybe more), through 2 versions, for version 10 and 11, we have deleted the add-on from all our projects as it is just so buggy! it does not suprise me that it crashes your system and i know of a few more bugs to add to your list.

We have since made our own simple one, admittedly not with all the features graphisoft provides, but still, it works!!
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The latest Hotfix (build 1086) fixes this crash as well as some other critical Grid Tool problems.

Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
TomWaltz
Participant
I can't wait to see if this fixes all the Grid issues ('cuz it will make my life a LOT easier on Monday! 😉 )
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not really the grid tool has already been removed fromt he machines.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The latest Hotfix (build 1086) fixes this crash as well as some other critical Grid Tool problems.

GS or Greg listen:
PivoArch wrote:
Not really the grid tool has already been removed fromt he machines.
TomWaltz
Participant
Joseph wrote:
there's a big difference between a bug being listed on a release notes and the problem actually being gone.

I tend not to believe they are fixed until I see it myself.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would paritcularly like to know what the "Various Bug Crashes" listed at the end are.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? When opening the Grid Settings DB, I am unable to edit the grid. My Grid Settings DB has never looked like that shown in the manual. I have reinstalled AC11 and am running the latest patch, including the latest Grid Tool Add-on. All thoughts are welcome.

Thanks, Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Learn and get certified!