BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Problem with BIM server libraries

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
The last few days we are facing a problem with BIM server libraries. When receiving changes an error appears that the libraries cannot be updated, living as the only option to click ignore.

I tried to solve the problem and went on the Manage BIM server libraries menu, where when trying to refresh the status of the libraries I got an error message.

I also noticed a difference in the path between libraries. Some display a "normal" path, while other display a somewhat more weird path... Why is this happening?

Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
6 REPLIES 6
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Achille,

The refresh problem might be the result of library parts that have ":" or "/" in them. Please look in the source folder for names that have such characters or possibly other punctuation marks.

Ed
Graphisoft Technical Support
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Ed, you mean / or : in the file names of the objects inside the libraries? Because those are the official GS libraries, I don't think there is a problem there.

Also, what about those strange ._afpovertcp._tcp.local that appear to the library paths> Those appear when I re-locate a library, whereas libraries that where loaded previously have a path that is more proper. See attached image in my previous message.
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Achille,

The ":" or "/" are characters that will cause the refresh problems if they are in the file name of the object. For example: "MyObject10/23/2013.gsm" or "MyObject10:23:2013.gsm"

The Graphisoft standard libraries never had such nomenclature. Unless you have other libraries that you have created this problem is unlikely. Of course somebody could have accidentally fat fingered into a name, using the finder one of those characters too...

I assume "/Sigma 2" is a folder on the Pavlides Associates server and all three source folders could essentially be described from the root "/Sigma 2".

The server name is shown if it is accessible, so in your example all three should have been prefixed with it. Though the source server name was only stored in the source path with 15 and later versions. If the library was originally uploaded from an earlier version then it is possible that the server name was never stored with the source path.

There are other reasons your refresh library could fail. It is also possible that user permissions or ownership changed with individual objects files or folders.

Ed
Graphisoft Technical Support
Stig Bengtsson
Participant
We get the first error message if a user is working in a file where the libraries are not updated and attempts to open another file with updated versions of the same libraries. I assume ArchiCAD can only handle one version of a library in the local data structure.

Stig
Architect AIA RIBA SAR/MSA, Graphisoft Registered Consultant
AC19 SWE 7006
AC20 SWE 4012
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I have run into this virtually non stop for the last 3 months...

I cannot REFRESH a library (that I've recently made changes to)... but I can RELOCATE and all is fine...

I'd like to also go over my workflow to get any feedback from you all...

With my own (bloated) libraries and AC Libs etc... it simply takes FOREVER to refresh them...

I make new objects DAILY or revise existing objects and if I could bill for the time WAITING to refresh, I'd be rich...

This also affects the act of simply updating an object... If I OPEN OBJECT from within the TeamWork File, Just switching from PARAMETER window to 3dSCRIPT takes WAY TOOO LOOOOONG... Then every time I type a line or switch a parameter, that nasty beach ball comes again...

In contrast, I have a file called OBJECT EDITOR that is NOT TEAMWORKED but linked to the same host libraries. So I edit in seconds, save... and REFRESH the library back over in my TW file... Used work FINE... But in the last 3 months, I have NEVER been able to REFRESH without seeing this error. I do a RELOCATE (which obviously takes much longer) and it rebuilds the TW Library and my updates are there.

Let me know how you guys are handling this kind of workflow...

I will test if CLOSING the EDITOR file first (before REFRESHING) has any affect...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
So it appears to be the case of the TWO FILES open as described...

I closed out of my TW'd file and opened my OBJECT EDITOR file... Did my EDITS on an existing object..

Then CLOSED that file and opened the TW'd file...

REFRESHED LIBRARIES and all was fine.

This is a DEFINITE change from last hot fix (or perhaps 2 hot fixes ago)...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Learn and get certified!