BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Teamwork File Permissions not Taking Effect

Josh Verran
Expert

Suggestion hashtag "Permissions"

I have a Teamwork file that is experiencing issues. I have a role type called "Viewer," and this role has had all permissions revoked. In the aforementioned file, I have assigned the "Viewer" role to "Everyone," including myself for testing purposes. However, despite this, everyone can still perform all actions on the file.

I have already taken the following steps to address the issue:

1. I asked everyone to leave the file.
2. I cleared local data.
3. I deleted the "Viewer" role.
4. I created a new role with a different name and revoked all permissions.
5. I saved the file as a PLN, opened and repaired it, and then shared it as a new teamwork file.

6. I assigned the new role to the new teamwork file.

Unfortunately, even after these steps, all staff members can still perform all actions on the file.

I also attempted one more solution. I set the "access" to custom and then unchecked all permissions. I followed the same process of having everyone leave the file, but the problem persists.

I have included a screen recording below to visually demonstrate the issue.

Thank you for your assistance.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
2 REPLIES 2
scottjm
Advisor

Oh I have struggled with this too in the past on BIMCloud Basic. 
Check the Management Role of the users. I’ve found in the past Project Administrator and Server Administrator roles just completely ignore any other restricted permissions so they need to be set to None. 
BIMCloud paid of course has much finer grain permissions. 😖

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

Thanks for the suggestion Scott.
It's frustrating that the Management Role overrides any "Default role" permissions set.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
Learn and get certified!